I've experimented with timelapse shooting a few times in the past. Here's a brief result from our recent trip to Vista del Malpais, overlooking the badlands of Anza Borrego Desert State Park
These aren't my best results, but for posterity, here's the setup for the new "sub-Kilo" timelapse system I'm putting together:
- GoPro Hero2, 5s interval shooting
- Turnspro panning station, 75deg pans over 20 minutes each
- Mini tripod
- LRTimelapse for post-processing
Total weight: ~600g
- Adding a bubble level to the rig - with the small and lightweight rig, it was very hard to eyeball "level" and the original shots ended up visibly tilted. Correcting those tilts in post is the likely cause of the slight judder in the video.
- Switching back to a small Canon P+S hacked with CHDK so we can get raw images for improved processing, or upgrading our venerable GoPro...